B”H – Hello everyone! I searched for the article by Dan Gordon (DG) entitled In The Company of Heroes on the American Thinker website http://www.americanthinker.com/2014/07/in_the_company_of_heroes.html Please allow me to present here bellow a criticism of it according to Jewish Law & Ethics, in between the original lines – by Ariel ben Yochanan (AbY)
Instead, Kahalani and those under his command were instrumental, not only in recapturing the Golan Heights, but pushed deep into Syrian territory until they literally were within artillery range of Damascus. It was a feat almost unheard of in the annals of modern warfare, in which a country recovered from a devastating Pearl Harbor like attack, were confronted with totally new tactics by a well trained, superbly well-armed adversary, adjusted to the new realities, counter attacked, and within two and a half weeks were on the outskirts of the attacking force’s capital. Quite simply, General Kahalani and others like him saved Israel.
- AbY: The usual and deafening arrogance of the IDF and its men, always attributing the glory to themselves and only to themselves: In Judaism, and therefore in theory for Israel, salvation comes from a divine source, directly from Hashem, our G-d, as a retribution for Torah observance! The above two paragraphs therefore can be considered outright blasphemous!
- DG: At the end of his military career, General Kahalani entered politics, was elected to Israel’s Parliament, served as an inner circle cabinet minister, and participated in some of the Israeli government’s most critical debates and decisions.
- AbY: Let us here briefly remember that none of the secular State’s institutions are kosher, in a sense that they are not the ones prescribed to the Jews to establish and run on the Land by Torah: As far as the knesset in particular is concerned, nowhere it is written: “Elect yourselves a knesset of Jews and Arabs to make you man-made laws to follow instead of My Law”! In Jewish terms democracy and universal suffrage are outright against the principle of G-d’s rule, something that we might want to call Hashemcracy, to contrast it to the institutional blasphemy the State of Israel practices.
- DG: After retiring from the political arena Kahalani became the Chairmen of AWIS, the Association for the Welfare of Israel’s soldiers.
- AbY: This is the slot to, again briefly, examine the status of the Israeli soldier. Quite apart of the fact that the IDF allows women to serve in its ranks, which goes against halacha, Jewish Law, it requires its soldiers to swear allegiance to the secular State’s power-structure, which goes directly against to what makes us Jews at the first place, that is the oath of allegiance to Hashem we made for all generations under the Mount in Sinai 3300 years ago: “We will do and we will understand”! The question arises: Why the IDF requires its solders to in effect renounce their Judaism before signing them up and giving them a rifle?- DG: It was in that capacity that he went out to meet with the soldiers serving, under fire, in the field. For those young soldiers it was a chance to meet a living legend, as close as Israel has to Patton or MacArthur. I thought he was going to give them a sort of pep talk, though their spirits didn’t need any rallying.
I’ve been in the Israel Defense Forces for forty years, and I’ve never seen morale so high, and never seen the country so united behind its soldiers. The other day I was in a restaurant at a crossroad just before the Gaza border. It’s sort of the last place to get a good meal before you hit the border into no man’s land. I was hungry as your basic honey badger, and had ordered a huge meal, knowing it would probably be the only chance I’d have to eat that day. When I went to pay the bill the waitress said it had already been taken care of.
“Somebody bought me lunch? “ I asked, wanting to thank my benefactor.
“No,” she said, “Somebody picked up the bill for every soldier here.” There were easily fifty soldiers eating lunch there. “It happens like that every day now,” she said and smiled.
I’ve had total strangers take me in, offer me a bathrobe while they washed my uniform, feed me, literally offer me their beds to sleep in and their bathrooms to shower in. Amazing…amazing.
So the troops didn’t need a pep talk.
But what Kahalani told them, I found extraordinary.
He spoke quietly. So quietly the young soldiers leaned forward to catch ever word and when he spoke it was with a conviction that came straight from his heart and went straight into the hearts of all of those who heard him.
- AbY: Indeed it is amazing how good of a job the Zionists made of creating the New Jew, of turning a traditionally religious, G-d fearing people into a largely secularized nation, just like all the others. It is indeed extraordinary how the Zionists made the Jews believe that they can survive and thrive on G-d’s Land without enacting Torah, their G-d given Constitution.
- DG: “We never taught you to hate,” he said, “not this army, not the Israel Defense Forces. We never taught you to hate. And there are armies in the world who do that. And I don’t know, maybe it works to a degree, maybe by hating the enemy you are a fiercer fighter. I don’t know. But we never taught you that. And I’ll tell you why. If we teach you to hate, you can’t undo that. You’ll come back from the war and it won’t be the “enemy,” it will be your brother in law, or your neighbor or your former friend. Once you teach people to hate, they’ll find someone to hate. So we never taught you that.”
- AbY: Pity. In Judaism we hate our enemies and we hate evil and we don’t stop fighting them until we win our wars. If we didn’t hate evil we couldn’t love Hashem, our G-d. I suggest this is the real reason behind the IDF does not engage in teaching to hate the enemy: Because it is required to be Jews. They do not want Jews, they want to produce “Israelis”. This is the first time it happens on the Land, even the Golden Calf we fallen for in the wilderness, not in the Land of Israel!
- DG: “We never taught you that. You know why you’re here. It’s not to hate anybody. It’s to defend your people, your homes and your families. Each of you has to feel as if the whole fate of the whole people of Israel is on you shoulders. Each of you holds that fate in your hands. But it’s not about hatred. And now you’ve inherited that tradition from my generation, and you’ll be the ones to continue it. But those who inherit have a responsibility. I know you won’t disappoint me.”
- AbY: I do hope they’ll disappoint Zionist Major General (Ret) Avigdor Kahalani and learn to hate evil to love Hashem, our G-d and decide to win wars. As is, they are only political cannon-fodders, as the carrier of General Kahalani and others' illustrate it so clearly.- DG: That was the pep talk from Israel’s Patton during a cruel and vicious war that was forced upon us by an equally cruel and vicious adversary, Hamas.
The pep talk was: Don’t hate. Do what you need to do to defend your homes, your families and your people. But don’t hate.
- AbY: Well, maybe it should be mentioned here that the present situation with Hamas was created by a long chain of bad decisions of people like Kahalani, by institutional non-haters of the enemy. They bought them in from Tunis in 1991, gave them political, logistic and financial support, weapons and legitimacy. In 2005 they gave them Gaza on a silver plate in what amounts to be one of the worst cases of treason in Jewish history, against a widely publicized “peace” that of course never materialized. In Judaism peace is a divine retribution for compliance with Torah. Until we don’t decide to base our society here on the Land on halacha, Jewish Law, we can wave good-bye to peace and allude ourselves that an army like the IDF can do the trick. However, as the IDF is a non-Jewish army, for the reasons we saw above, it can only worsen the situation, as it actually angers Hashem.
- DG: To the Palestinian people of Gaza: We don’t hate you. We don’t wish you ill. We want only to live in peace side by side with you.
- AbY: Yes, Kahalani. And we are punished for this absurd attitude with endless threats and rocket-fire on the civilian population. As a General, you’re not doing your job. You are selling Zionist ideology!
- DG: When you come out of wherever you’ve been able to take refuge, ask yourself why Hamas never built you any shelters to protect you. They’re great at digging tunnels after all. They’ve dug them under our border, intending to murder as many of our civilians as possible; our women and children, gathered in agricultural village dining halls. Not soldiers, not warriors, but our women and children and old people.
So they’re good at building tunnels.
Why didn’t they build any for you to take shelter in?
Then look at your neighborhoods, which are destroyed now because they housed the entrance points to those tunnels, not next to your homes but in your homes!
They turned your homes and neighborhoods into rocket launching sites and weapons storage depots. Not by accident, but to make you vulnerable, to insure, in fact, that you would be in harm’s way no matter how many warnings Israel issued before it attacked. Ask why Hamas told you to ignore those warnings and that it was your duty to stay in those neighborhoods that they had turned into military targets.
- AbY: What an insane, crazy idea! Trying to fight a war by warning the enemy of attacks? In halacha, Jewish Law, this is actually immoral: One does not endanger his own to save enemy lives!
- DG: Ask yourself why Hamas didn’t accept the Egyptian Cease fire proposal that would have prevented the ground invasion and all the subsequent death and destruction.
It wasn’t a Zionist plot.
It was an Egyptian proposal, endorsed by the Arab League and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas. and Israel accepted it immediately and unconditionally!
It was Hamas which rejected it by launching a massive rocket attack, followed up by four separate terrorist tunnel attacks aimed not at our soldiers but at our women and children, who were meant to be murdered, maimed and taken hostage, dragged back through those tunnels into Gaza, so Khaled Mashal could declare a Divine Victory from a five star hotel in Qatar while you eat the dust of Gaza.
- AbY: This Zionist propaganda is even ridiculous: How can anyone think of Israel promoting anything Egyptian? Shame on you, seller of Jewish principles and tradition to the Ishmaelite (Arabs) and to Edom (the xtian Western world)!
- DG: Look at your neighborhoods.
How’s Hamas’s Holy War working out for you?
Are your lives better?
Do your children have a better future?
Do they have any future but suffering?
Hamas and their ilk have been trying to drive us into the sea for over a hundred years now.
How’s that working out for you?
Look at your lives and look at ours.
Despite not knowing one day of peace, our cities are beautiful, our women are gorgeous, our men handsome, our children, the apple of our eyes, our industry flourishes, our start up nation is the envy of the world. Our sense of personal happiness, though we have been constant victims of terrorist attacks and war, is amongst the highest of any people on earth. We live longer, have more college graduates, more computers more scientific papers published, more artists, musicians, scientists and entrepreneurs per capita than almost any place on earth. Our cows produce more milk than any other dairy cattle. Our agriculture exists almost entirely on reclaimed water and no country on earth does more with desalinized water than Israel. Droughts which would destroy another country have no affect on us. And we’ve done all that despite Hamas and their ilk’s stated plans to destroy us.
- AbY: How’s about the microchip, ICQ and the naked women on the Tel Aviv beach? I’m sick and tired of Israel marketing itself for its modernity instead for its G-dlyness: After all, this is the Land on which G-d says He keeps a special eye! How dare are you Zionists to usurp His benevolence and insinuate everything is your achievement?
- DG: You’ve gone to war against us three times in the last five years.
You’ve initiated each one and we’ve begged you, before each, not to launch more rockets at us.
But each time you were promised a new divine victory.
The rockets would be the sword that would defeat us.
We invented Iron Dome.
- AbY: According to reports Iron Dome cannot cover more than one third of incoming rockets. Listen Kahalani, the miracle is in front of everyone’s eyes. One Hamas boss even declared it on CNN, when asked how is it possible that they fire thousands of rockets on Israeli cities and there are only a few casualties? The Arab terrorist said: "G-d protects them". Amen! Sometimes Hashem puts words of truth into the mouth of Arabs.
- DG: The tunnels would be Hamas’s “surprise” that would “open the gates of hell to us.”
We’re inside those tunnels right now. Blowing them up.
And who has paid the bitterest price?
Is it worth it? Are you getting something out of all this?
Here’s an idea. You’ve tried war three times in five years? Try something new.
- AbY: What a coward you are, Kahalani: A General begging the enemy for peace! We discussed it above: Peace doesn’t come as a concession of the enemy. It comes as a result of YOU, as a soldier winning the war! If you don’t win the war, as you don’t, there will be no peace. If America wan WWII like you "win" in Gaza, London, England would still have flying German bombs crushing in on it and Japanese kamikazes would still drop their Mitsubitshi aircraft on US aircraft-carriers cruising in the Pacific.
- DG: You don’t even have to call it peace. .
Just stop trying to kill us and prepare to be amazed at how good your lives will become..
But what about the siege?
The so called “siege” which is nothing more than a sanction regime, was put in place because you keep trying to kill us!
You’re smart people. You’re industrious people. Stop trying to kill us and you won’t need to be a martyr to get into Paradise. You’ll have Paradise on earth. You can become the Singapore of the Middle East. You have beautiful beaches that can be developed for tourism. You’re on the Mediterranean for Goodness sake! You are creative and hard working and talented. Put those talents to use at trying to improve your lives instead of trying to end ours.
- AbY: Sounds wonderful. What you don’t realize Kahalani is that they are fulfilling G-d’s plan in being our enemies, because of YOU and because of secular people like you, who want to disenfranchise Hashem: It won’t work and in your ignorance you are endangering our people!
- DG: You will become the gateway between Europe and the Middle East. There are donors lined up and waiting to offer you a Marshall Plan that will make your lives sweet. The plan that Khaled Mashal has for you, however, leads only to death.
You don’t even have to love us.
You don’t even have to like us.
In fact you can continue to hate us, if that gives you some sort of emotional comfort. It won’t bother us. Knock yourselves out. Just stop trying to kill us
When Hamas tells you it’s a Holy War tell them to read the Quran. The Sura of The Children of Israel; Sura 17:104, “And we said to the Children of Israel, Dwell securely in the Promised Land, and when the last warning comes, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd”
How much more mingled can we get? We’ve been gathered together, not just according to our prophecy, but to yours!
- AbY: The Rambam says “Don’t study their books”. So, don’t. Besides the Koran says different things in different places, so it’s not such a good idea for a Jew to quote from it.
- DG: We come from every corner of the earth, because for two thousand years every Jew on Earth, who celebrates Passover or Yom Kippur, be they black white, brown or any of the rainbow hues the make up our people, says, “Next Year in Jerusalem”.
So read that part of the Quran when they tell you to strap a suicide belt onto your son or daughter.
And for all your supporters and enablers, for those who march to end the death and destruction, if you really care about the Palestinians of Gaza, as you claim to, just tell them to try to stop trying to kill us.
Give it a decade.
We’re not going anywhere. You won’t defeat us. You won’t destroy us. You won’t cast us into such despair that we leave the land we’ve yearned for, worked for, sweated and bled for, for two thousand years. We won’t withdraw from the Middle East. Because we live here. Our religion wasn’t born in Poland. It was born here. Our language wasn’t born in Russia or America or France or Ethiopia or Yemen or Morocco. It was born here. And I promise you, we won’t become war weary. We can’t afford to.
- AbY: You are a coward! You ARE war weary! If you were not war weary you wouldn’t speak like this, you’d fight the war and wan, coward! It is immoral to prolong a war-effort for decades. Even an Italian goy understands this here: http://www.israelnationalnews.com/Articles/Article.aspx/15344
- DG: Just stop trying to kill us.
Because we don’t hate you. We don’t teach our children or our soldiers to hate you. The words of our national anthem sum up the only thing we want; Lihiot am chofshi bi artzeinu, Eretz Zion, Yerushalayim....” To be a free people. In our land. The land of Zion, Jerusalem.” Just like it says in the Quran.
. AbY: In one word? Pathetic! In two words? Non Jewish! In three words? Utter foreign culture! In four words? Disgusting Erev Rav rubbish. In five or more words? Please comment! What’s your take?
- This is a comment on In The Company of Heroes
You Can Share This Item