Q: In a situation where the General Staff of the I.D.F. makes a decision forcing soldiers to transgress halacha, is there a mitzvah to serve in the army? Is it proper to sign the petition not to enlist in the army until the issue is straightened out?
A: It is a great mitzvah to serve in the army for the purpose of defending the nation and the Land, a mitzvah which is equal to all the other mitzvoth combined, for two reasons. First, anyone who saves a life is regarded as having saved an entire world (Mishna Sanhedrin 4:5), all the more so when dealing with saving the lives of the entire Jewish nation from their enemies. Second, the mitzvah of settling the Land of Israel, of which serving in the army is an important component, is equal to all the other mitzvoth (Sifrei, Re'i, parsha 53).
Therefore, it is a mitzvah to enlist in the army, and when a soldier receives an order which contradicts halacha, he should refuse to obey. (Rambam, Laws of Kings 3:9). Nevertheless, in extreme cases, there is room to consider a temporary postponement of enlisting, with the intention of rectifying the situation, as the Sages said in regards to Moshe Rabbeinu breaking the tablets – "Sometimes the cancellation of the Torah, is its' foundation" (Talmud Menachot 99b).
In practice, a large number of men from the Haredi sector and 'ba'alei teshuva' (newly religious) do not enlist, figuring that it is impossible to fulfill the mitzvoth properly in the army, and a decision similar to that of the General Staff, will likely strengthen this trend significantly. Consequently, on rare occasions there is room to consider postponing enlistment, so as to ultimately bolster recruitment. Has the time come for such a protest? I'm not sure. In every protest, there is room to weigh the advantages and disadvantages.
In any case, the high road is to enlist into the I.D.F. in order to defend the nation and the Land, and yet, to refuse orders that contradict halacha.
One thing is clear: It is incumbent upon the public leaders to do their utmost to publicly cancel the shameful decision of the General Staff, which was passed without any noticeable protest from the I.D.F. Rabbinate. Our great fear is that the public leaders will not act properly, and even obscure the public outcry, thus thwarting its impact, and in the end, the stain of this disgraceful decision forcing soldiers to transgress halacha will stick to the I.D.F., and the numbers of those abstaining from enlisting will increase.
It seems to be an oversight to declare that the "IDF defends the nation and the Land". In reality the IDF defends only the State of which it is the army of. It seems to be even bigger of an oversight to declare that the IDF is a tool in "settling the Land of Israel". As it happens the IDF is the only official army in the world at present that lets itself be used to destroy Jewish housing, because it is Jewish or synagogues, because they are places of Jewish worship or entire Jewish communities for the same, inadmissible, anti-Jewish, anti-Torah, G-d denying evil reason. In the light of this it indeed seems to be a sin to serve the IDF and to swear in to serve any non-Torah institution involved in the hastening of the anti-divine plan: We swore in in Sinai, for all generations! Jews therefore simply have to serve Hashem, not replacement, non-Torah entities, like the Zionist State. We are created to be Hashem-ists, not Buddhists, xtians or Zionists. The fact that Hashem blesses the State and its IDF (because it fights [some] of Israel's wars) does not mean we as ordinary Jews should or can or allowed to or authorized to do the same as He, for we are Jews, commanded not to deviate from Torah! How do you know Melamed that this State is not a Golden Calf State and its army is not a Golden Calf army? If it was just that, aren't we warned not to dance around it?!
- Someone still has to explain to me what connection is there between nukes and economics? Is North Korea's economy booming? The fact is that economy matters only to Western, materialist societies and to thier arrogant "leaders" who think the whole world works the way they think. Well, it is not.
- Mesika: “They are all together here in unity and love of Israel.”
ABY: Love of Israel or love of Hashem?! A unity in the love of Israel is meaningless if void of love of Hashem! Don't let cement-Zionism replace Judaism!
- This is talkback # 1 on 'Joseph the Righteous' Unites Jews at Shechem >You Can Share This Item<
- For example, Fiamma Nirenstein mentioned here is secular, an ex comunist and Jewish only nominally. Even many "religious" Jews desecrate Shabbat and don't keep kosher. Let's cut with this cover-up: There is very little Jewish life in Italy and even that is contaminated with "inter-religious dialoge" and popes visiting synagouges, wearing their huge golden crosses followed by their bishops and ordinary xtians doing the cross sign inside our places of worship. Wake up Jews, stop the cover-up!
- Per definition, the whole secular State apparatus' "rabbinate" is traif. We are in front of a great deception, by which chief "rabbis" bring korans to muslims, say army orders override halacha, give xtians resident alien status and so on with all the nonsense. Evidently Hashem wants to responsibilize each and every one of us for our own actions: A divine process of selection is going on, to separate the Jews from the erev rav: Just because someone grows a beard and puts a kipah on, it doesn't mean he is Jewish.
- If Shomron governor Gershon Mesika thinks that cementificating the Shomron the way the rest of the country is cementificated is a good idea, well, he is wrong! "Possessing the Land" does not mean pouring cement over it. It means to bringing more and more Torah on it! That's right, if Mesika brings in more and more xtian evangelists, instead of Torah, we'd be a lot better off without him, his builder son and his corrupt, self-promoting, self-indulgent, xtians-supported ilk.
- Eliezer Melamed is anything but one of "Religious Zionism's most prominent leaders". He lost much of the support of the people and of the rabbis he once had over his controversial innovation of letting Shomron governor Gershon Mesika-supporter missionaries set up base in his Har Bracha community. Many Jews won't even enter Bracha today, because of the idol worshipping there. Melamed's new ruling, that xtians are to be considered "righteous gentiles" and therefore eligible to be granted "resident alien" status, just because they say they "love us", causes huge suffering and anger amongst the Jews in the Shomron and not only. Some even say that the American evangelists are being brought in by and for Mesika and ask for his resignation: Mesika, if you bring in xtians to the Shomron, we are better off without you!
- That the State and its IDF orders Jews out of Judea and Samaria is only the last proof of a series of proofs that neither the State nor the IDF are Jewish.
- This is talkback # 5 on 12 settlers temporarily banned from West Bank >You Can Share This Item<
- Meotti, you should have mentioned that Jethro was a convert to Judaism, whereas these xtians we are forced to deal with are fanatic worshippers of their man-god, yeshu. They come to Israel because of him, not because of us. These xtians definitely are NOT like Jethro and mixing Jethro with this covert missionizing è fuorviante, misleading, Meotti. The differences between Jethro and the xtians coming to us now are like the difference between day and night and should make any collaboration with them a taboo for every Jew. Unfortunately this is not the case and people get corrupted by the perceived economic, financial and political benefits. This is anything but new and we know how Hashem deals with these issues. Some innovators even claim today that these xtians are "righteous gentiles", which they certainly are NOT: A gentile can become "righteous" in only one way, by loving Hashem, our G-d, not by loving us. If a gentile accepts Hashem's universal message, the Seven Noahide Laws upon himself, fine, he can stay with us on the Land under certain circumstances. But if he continues to worship his false man-god, than he cannot and those who facilitate him are committing a serious crime, according to Jewish Law. How can a gentile love us if he hates Hashem anyhow? The fact that the secular Yad Vashem museum issues “righteous gentile” certificates to people who helped us does not mean any xtian can be considered that just because he says he loves us and hands over a check or provides other benefits which, by the way, we are not allowed to accept; Not in public and not if it’s not strictly for survival.
- Prof. Shevach Weiss, a former Knesset speaker and a Holocaust survivor: "Those who choose to go there must be people with pathological problems, something that is not within my profession but complete madness requiring a medical diagnosis."
- ABY: Stalin said the same of his opponents and, because he could, locked them up in mental institutions. Let's be clear on this: This statement of Weiss alone would justify not one but a hundred riots. This whole campaign against Jewish Jews is anti-Semitic. The Golden Calf State treats its Jews as did the nazis treated theirs before Kristalnacht! Finally this truth is out and in an obvious and in a visible form, so even the less sensitive can understand. Beware seculars, the more you hammer the issue, the worse you look!
- What you are saying Charles is correct. Yet, as a man who sees the divine design in this world, I don't think there is much point in so called Jews willingly doing the anti-Torah thing on the Land of Israel. The whole purpose of Hashem linking the Children of Israel to this Land of Israel in the first place is to separate us from the goyim, from the nations, so that we can "do" the Jews, that is to be His holy people without their negative influence. If we behave like them, this project loses significance and we might as well be in Uganda or where we came from. In short, Jewish nationalism makes sense only if it is Jewish. If it is just another nationalism, it is useless and indeed outmoded. I think that is at least one of the reasons why there is so much confusion.
- A rabbi is a rabbi if he stays under Torah, nothing else. That military "rabbis" come clear and say that they are in fact no rabbis, is a good thing. They maybe are officers educated or well versed in Torah, but they are no rabbis and soldiers as well as the general public should understand this.
- This is talkback # 1 on IDF rabbis: Orders precede Halacha >You Can Share This Item<
"I really enjoy your blog, good sir. You make some good points that no one else seems to want to talk about". (Signed)
- AbY: "Think for a sec about this State and the fact that it didn't have a day of peace in 66 years. Why do you think that is?
- Batsheva Ben-Ador: "Oh, I know it too well. I am saying so even when I know it is not welcome - but the Truth of G-d is real and present, even if they all want to close their eyes and stick to a sinful cowardly liberal notion of a treacherous, G-dless zionist occupier of Eretz Yisrael. People are simply unwilling to look at the truth and accept the corruption and violation, the sacrilege of the Divine Land that G-d Himself has given to us. Traitors to the Cause of G-d..."
"I agree with you. Many many years ago before I became frum I was a zionist. I do not want zionism at my seder table, I want Torah!!!! I want to tell you that I do read a lot of what you write and I agree with you!!!! Israel needs more Torah not more zionists!!!! It sickens me the way the govt/media treat the Torah lovers in Israel".Jarred Nisenfeld
"In the Torah only Hashem is G-D... not the nation nor the land. Anything else is avodah zarah." Ian Ellul
"Shalom Ariel, you dream like me, one day in Yerushalaym there will be no churches no mosques, only Beit HaMikdash will be standing and The Name of Hashem will Be Echad Forever." Eduardo Carneiro De Araújo
"The Deception is very strong right now, but nothing in comparison to HaShem!!! Yes, I agree. HaShem is who our Allegiance belongs, not in Man. (Signed) " Besrat H' my children will never serve the state in any capacity" Yacov Stanley
"Evil is always terrified of good. The Israeli secular state is a throwback of the communist regime. The state knows it has no power against the Torah. The state knows that in this Moshiach era it will soon cease to exist. We will blink and it will be gone.." Leah Amdur
"God did not bring Yisrael out of a land full of people with sinful ways and into a land full of people with righteous ways.
The ways of the land they were leaving (Mitzrayim) and the ways of the land to which they were going (Kena'an) were equally forbidden to Yisrael*.
And Yisrael was neither in Mitzrayim nor in Kena'an when God cut the b'rit with them and gave the Tora to them at Har Sinai (though Avra[ha]m was in Kena'an for the b'rit bein habetarim).
First God brought Yisrael out of the land of Mitzrayim.
Then God gave Yisrael the Tora outside of any nation's land.
Then God brought Yisrael into the land of Kena'an.
He did not just command Yisrael not to bring the ways of the land they were leaving to the land to which they were going. He did not just command Yisrael not to adopt the ways of the land to which they were going.
After Yisrael left Mitzrayim and before they even entered Kena'an, God equipped them with the ways they were to bring into the land of Kena'an with them from Sinai, and were to transform the land into Eretz Yisrael with.
Yisrael is not "west" or "east." Yisrael is not "crusader" or "jihadist." Yisrael is not "republican" or "democrat." Yisrael is not "Mitzrayim" or "Kena'an."
Yisrael is Yisrael, set apart from the nations and their ways, ALL of them".
* "And HaShem spoke to Moshe, saying: Speak to the children of Yisrael, and say to them: I am HaShem, your God. Like the practice of the land of Mitzrayim, in which you dwelled, you shall not do, and like the practice of the land of Kena'an, to which I am bringing you, you shall not do, and you shall not follow their statutes. You shall fulfill My ordinances and observe My statutes, to follow them. I am HaShem, your God. You shall observe My statutes and My ordinances, which a man shall do and live by them. I am HaShem..." (Vayikra 18:1-5) Nathaniel Feingold'
"To be honest their still is no homeland for HaShem's people. A great evil has gripped the world into hating us OR deceiving us.
People are deceived by thinking that they must not criticize Israel. For what reason? They say those who bless, will be blessed and those who curse will be cursed..."you don't want to be cursed right?" They do not see Zionism as political but prophetical... Who gave them such an idea??? Secular Jews who hate Torah. Zionism is just as much replacement theology as Catholic doctrine throughout the ages.
Another disturbing trend I see is how Evangelicals are swallowing Zionist deception whole hog. They don't support a bringing back of the Temple and the Sacrifices but only secularism in Israel... With Netan as their god. Before they stole all the promises themselves now they sell them to thieves.
In no way shape or form do we see support for families like these, they are treated like troublemakers by the state and thus the same by all the "supporters" who with the same breath will be passionately against Palestinian claims to the West Bank".
The state that exists today has one job... To stifle the efforts of HaShem's people to honor His name and follow all He told us to do.
Zionism is our golden calf below the mountain of HaShem". Moshe Span
"People worship the State far more than they do G-d. This is not in spite of the Religious Zionist education system (now controlled by Bennett) it is because of it. Zionism has become a Golden Calf and it is so absurd that people will actually DESTROY Israel and expel Jews from their homes in the name of Zionism. It's time to drain the swamp". Yaakov Fauci
"Agreed 100% we need a Torah revolution, ie returning to the original values we received at Sinai and compilated in the Mishne Torah. We are not there yet but that is the direction we have to strive for - and IF WE DO, then HaShem will help us"! Elisheva Barre
Jewish Blood - Cheap!
Jewish Blood 34 x 48 cm (roughly 13 x 19 inches) acrylic on paper. Digital copies are on sale for only $4.91. Cheap!
B"H - We are at a historic juncture. The Jews have returned as a sovereign people onto the Land of Israel. Are we "possessing" the Land and "settling in" it as we should? No, we are not. From the exile we bought with us back to our homeland - the exile. This refers not only to our private mentality but also and mainly to our national institutions we established here in Israel: To our political parties, to our knesset, to our prime minister, to our supreme court, with other words, to the State of Israel: We established a non-Jewish State in Eretz Israel. None of the above mentioned are Torah institutions, so, instead of being a light onto the nations we insist to be a poor carbon copy of them. This Hellenistic and assimilationist drive must be overturned and we must re-establish our Jewish, Torah institutions on THE Land G-d gave us for a specific purpose, to allow us to be His Holy Nation on His Holy Land, a show-case as it were to humanity on how to build and on how to run a perfect society. This is why we urgently need the Beit Hamikdash on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem to be run by a Cohen Gadol, a Jewish king with his two Torah scrolls to run the executive, the Sanhedrin and just Courts of Law in every village to administer justice. These are our prescribed Torah institutions we are told to run in Eretz Israel, on our G-g given Holy Land. We must re-establish our territorial integrity and re-apply halacha (Jewish Law) regarding all aspects of life, including some hot issues, like the status of the non-Jewish population within the Land. The idea behind this page is to promote the Authentic Jewish Mission against all liberal, reformed and deformed so called judaisms and as such it requires your support. Let's stand up for our Torah by doing ALL the applicable mitzvot individually and as a nation and not allow Zionism to disfigure Judaism: They are NOT one and the same thing: Judaism worships Hashem, Zionism "the renaissance of the Jewish People": A self-serving, reform, anti-Torah distortion!