27.9.11

Shana Tova, Israel!

B"H

- Haber as usual forgets about G-d and insinuates that we are just like the other nations. That our ledger doesn’t count in "righteousness" on the positive side. This is nonsense and our presence on the Land of Israel is the proof. On the day before Rosh Hashana let me encourage my fellow Jews to give force to our collective righteousness and invite you to make tsuva: Not only hear the shofar, but listen to it! Shana tova, Israel!

- This is talkback # 41 on Time to pay the price

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

At The Eve Of Rosh HaShana We Must Entertain The Idea To Do What We Pray For And Distinguish Between Holy And Secular

B"H

As long as we, the Jews, keep thinking of "them", of the State of Israel, as "we", as if it was Moshe, and refuse to see that it is a golden calf we are dancing around, it is clear that we run a higher than necessary risk of being destroyed by G-d. Just by doing a simple thing, accepting His Torah on ourselves and refuting Mr. Kook's replacement distortions, we could annul this risk. His Torah does not even mention knesset and explicitly prohibits political parties and "democracy". Wake up Jews, we can't afford to improvise here, on G-d's Land. In Hilchot Melachim Chapter One Halacha One the Rambam says: "Israel was commanded to fulfill three mitzvot upon entering the Land:
- a) To choose a king, as Deuteronomy 17:15 states: Appoint a king over yourselves.
- b) To wipe out the descendents of Amalek, as Deuteronomy 25:19 states: Erase the memory of Amalek
- c) To build G-d's Chosen House, as Deuteronomy 12:5 states: Seek out His Presence and go there.

Now, I understand that there are midrashim that say otherwise, however the point here is not so much the nitty-gritty of the order of things to do. What I'm hammering about is that we should allow ourselves to see the big picture, the whole forest, with other words what the State really is and what real dangers it brings onto our collective head. The present State of Israel is not only not doing any of the "Jewish things" above, it is pro-actively fighting against the realization of any of these G-dly, Jewish projects: As we are called upon to distinguish between holy and secular, let's do it! Just talking about it week after week at havdala, is worthless.

- This is a reply to the following Important Rosh Hashana Piece from Israel - By Yekutiel Guzofsky:

Let us understand the idea behind the shofar – and let us hear the wake-up-cry of the shofar before it is too late.

The Talmud says (Tractate Rosh Hashana, 16b) that if we do not blow shofar at the beginning of the year we will hear terrible sounds at the end of the year, (sounds of distress).

One might ask a basic question:

Do we not blow shofar? Millions hear the blasts of the shofar in their synagogues on the High Holidays? Yet we are hearing the miserable sounds of distress at this year’s end as in many prior years.

SHOFAR WE HEARD – YET MISERABLE CRIES OF DISTRESS WE ALSO HEAR

Over recent weeks, we heard fatal terror attacks in Tel Aviv. We heard sirens of war and counted our dead in rocket attacks on Beer Sheba, Ashdod and other Southern Israeli towns and cities, with synagogues and schools destroyed. We heard the cry of war from Turkey and from the people of Egypt. The Israeli embassy in Cairo was trashed, and six of the guards were almost lynched. Jews were murdered in a deadly terror attack on the Egyptian border. A big rabbi was murdered by one of his disciples in Southern Israel. Thousands of homeless, protested throughout the land. The United Nations Committee blamed Israel for using excessive and unreasonable force to maintain the blockade on Gaza. The PLO petitioned the UN to establish a modern day Nazi state in place of most of Israel. Bibi and Obama may be rejecting the state today but both endorse a PLO state and a surrender from most of the land, if Abbas will promise peace and pretend to accept Israel, as a Jewish state. A father and toddler were murdered in cold blood on the road between Jerusalem and Hebron, as the police initially tried to cover-up the murder. A hurricane left dozens dead throughout the heavily Jewish populated areas of New York and New Jersey. Several of those killed were Orthodox Jews, one a Holocaust survivor. An 8 year old religious Jewish boy was murdered by another religious Jew in Brooklyn, and they found parts of the boy’s body in the murderer’s refrigerator. This all happened in the last month or two of the year. And this is only a partial list. Did we not blow shofar last year??!!

TO SOUND OR TO HEAR THE SHOFAR?

Perhaps this question can be answered by understanding the dispute about the blessing we make on the shofar. If we properly understand the different views about the Shofar-blessing , this will shed light on the underlying idea that stands behind the mitzvah of blowing the shofar. According to Rabeinu Tam the blessing refers to the blowing of the shofar, (litkoa kol shofar) while the Rambam and Shulchan Aruch say the blessing is to “hear the sound of the shofar”. (Rashi maintains that we say both to blow and to hear.) There are many questions asked on the view of the Rambam such as the fact that most verses that refer to the shofar or the trumpets speak of the act of blowing the shofar and not hearing the shofar. Also, if a deaf person, or a minor blows the shofar, even if it is a perfect sounding of the shofar, one that hears the blasts does not fulfill the mitzvah. Why is this so, if he heard the sounds, and if the essence is to hear the sounds of the shofar?

SOUNDING THE SHOFAR IS NOT ENOUGH, NOR IS HEARING IT – ONE NEEDS TO LISTEN, TO ACT!

Most commentaries believe that all of the opinions agree that the mitzvah is composed of both blowing and hearing the shofar. However, the argument is over which component do we accent and which is the the main aspect of shofar…Without going into great detail, we can offer the following explanation:

Hearing the shofar is not enough, just as sounding the shofar alone is not enough. Even according to the view of the Rambam and the Shulchan Aruch that holds that we say “to hear the shofar” in our blessing, they would agree that the mere technical hearing of the shofar is meaningless if we are not listening to the sound, if we are not committing a self-act of blowing that shofar into ourselves. Yes, we must not only hear the shofar but we must listen to the warning of the shofar, the wake-up-call to repent. We must blow the shofar from our ears into our hearts. We must see the warnings and tremble as the verse says.

Thus, when the Talmud says, that one who does not blow shofar at the beginning of the year, will surely hear miserable horrible sounds of tragedy by the yearend, the gemara is talking about the blowing as understood by the Rambam and Shulchan Orach (as well as the other views) A blowing that is translated into listening and into internalizing. A blowing that is one of speaking out as well as hearing the wake-up call of the shofar. For one who refuses to hear that call to teshuva, and who refuses to change and correct his evil ways and to act upon it, will be forced to endure tragedies and plagues until he wakes up to return to teshuva. And G-d gives us an opportunity to do teshuva and pushes off the decree as far as he can. But what can be done if we refuse to hear the shofar? He sounds clear warnings through tragedies to help us recognize where the faults lie and what we must do to repent. He adds those horrible sounds in the weeks prior to Rosh Hashanah with the hope that those events combined with the upcoming shofar blasts will yet inspire us to repent, before the decree of the next year is upon us. 40 days of Shofar together with those events at the close of the year. 40 days of shofar from the 1st of Ellul until the Yom Kippur on the Tenth of Tishrei.

40 DAYS AND 40 YEARS TO REPENT –

G-d even offers 40 year periods of grace after historic events, offering us 40 years to internalize what needs to be done, to decide our destiny and to prevent the bloodshed of an unnecessary decree. Such was the case before the destruction of the First and Second Temples. So often, as Rabbi Kahane points out in his prophetic book 40 Years, is the number 40 connected to punishment, teshuva, or a last grace period to yet repent. 40 lashes. 40 years in the wilderness as punishment for lacking faith in G-d and placing our fear and faith in gentiles. 40 sah - the measurement of water in the mikveh – that purifies the impure. 40 days for Ninveh to repent in the book of Yona. The flood of forty days and forty nights. And 40 days of the Shofar from the beginning of Elul until Yom Kippur.

40 YEARS FROM THE CREATION OF STATE

If we count 40 years from the establishment of the state of Israel, we will reach 1988. G-d in His infinite mercy gave us 40 years to turn the state of Israel into a full Jewish state. We had 40 years to determine and sculpt the true character of the state. Would this be a Hebrew speaking Portugal or one that is truly Jewish, that is governed by Jewish law and the Torah. Would we finally place our faith in G-d or continue to bow and prostrate ourselves to the dictates of the gentiles? In the years preceding the 40th year, there was an open debate and conflict about the very character of the state. Should Israel be a Jewish state or a democracy? If Judaism contradicts modern western principles of democracy, which should rule? In 1988 the internal conflict that rocked Israel was resolved. Judaism lost the battle, as the High Court of Israel refused to overturn a knesset election committee banning of a party that based its entire platform on Jewish law. The state of Israel decided to ban Torah and oust Rabbi Kahane from the Knesset for laws based on Torah that he proposed to legislate in the Knesset. And we saw the Intifada.

40 YEARS FROM THE SIX DAY WAR

If we count 40 years from the miraculous Six Day war of 1967 we reach the great national debate of the years preceding the expulsion from Gush Katif and Northern Shomron. Prior to 2007, Israel again was torn between two opposing worlds, given the chance, to yet again choose between sanctifying G-d’s name or desecrating His name. Israel chose to run away from Gaza and Northern Shomron and to expel thousands of Jews. Again the choice was made, not to expel our enemies, as G-d and logic dictates, but rather a futile attempt to appease the nations of the world, only to bring the missiles closer to Beer Sheba and Tel Aviv. We made the choice: And our fear of the gentiles and lack of faith in G-d brought upon us, Gilad Shalit the war in Gaza and the second war in Lebanon. As well as the ongoing fear of rockets from the very areas we have surrendered.

40 YEARS FROM THE YOM KIPPUR WAR – THAT STARTED ON OUR 40TH DAY OF REPENTANCE

If we count 40 years from the Yom Kippur War of 1973, we will reach 2013. Yes, we are entering into yet another final cycle as we rapidly approach the point where we can still determine our fate and avert further tragedy. Will we assert our sovereignty over Judea and Samaria and the Temple Mount or will we continue to allow the biblical lands of Eretz Yisrael to slip away from us? Will we show faith in G-d or continue to suffer the natural consequences brought upon our heads for placing our faith in the nations?

BLAST THE TRUMPETS – MAKE NOISE TO CALL FOR TESHUVA AND AVERT TRAGEDY

The Rambam says in Hilchot Taaniyot, that one who sees tragedy around him and who refuses to see the hand of G-d and to search his ways to learn from the events around - him how to correct his ways, will be brought more “coincidences” until he wakes up to repent. Indeed, one, who calls the events a coincidence, will be delivered more coincidences, until he wakes up. In the Rambam’s words, Rambam, Hilchot Taniyot, Cahapter 1, Halacha 1-3:

ONE MUST RECOGNIZE THAT TRAGEDY IS FROM G-D – so that we search why and repent

“It is a mitzvah to shout and sound the trumpets upon any tragedy that befalls the community. As it says, (Behalotcha) ‘When an oppressor besieges you, sound the trumpets’, anything that brings sorrow to you such as drought…this is the way of teshuva. That when sorrow befalls upon you and you shout about it and make noise, all will know that this is because of your evil ways…and this will cause the trouble to go away. (Explained to mean that when you understand the cause of the tragedy and do teshuva to mend your ways, the troubles go away, after you have repented or accepted upon yourself to correct your ways). But if you refuse to shout and to make noise, but rather you say, this is only a natural coincidence – this is the way of cruelty and only causes them to further attach themselves to their evil ways. And the tragedy will add more tragedies…in other words, G-d brings the tragedies so that you repent, if you say it is a coincidence, I will bring upon you the wrath of more coincidences.”

THE ESSENCE OF THE SHOFAR – A WAKE-UP CALL

The Rambam in Hilchot Teshuva (Chapter 3, halacha4) says, in explaining the essence of the call of the shofar, “Awaken those sleeping from their slumber, search your ways and repent remembering your creator, those who forget the truth…and make the mistake in their sleep in emptiness and waste which will not save them or help them. Look into your souls and correct your evil ways…”

THE SHOFAR IS A WAKE-UP-CALL FOR THOSE WHO NOT ONLY HEAR THE BLASTS BUT WHO LISTEN. THE TRAGEDY IS ANOTHER FORM OF WAKE UP CALL FOR THOSE WHO REFUSE, ON THEIR OWN TO SEE AND TO HEAR WHEN G-D GIVES US CLEAR SIGNS TO WAKE US UP. UNFORTUNATELY AS IT SAYS IN TEHILIM 115, THERE ARE THOSE WITH EYES WHO DOI NOT SEE AND WITH EARS WHO DO NOT HERA. There are those who see the tragedy but who do not see, and who refuse to listen.

CHAFETZ CHAIM MADE A FAST DAY FOR A HURRICANE IN JAPAN

The Chafetz Chayim, proclaimed a fast in 1923 after hearing about an earthquake in Japan that caused the death of many in Japan in and around Tokyo. The news reached him long after the Japanese tragedy. When he was asked why he declared a fast day, the Chafetz Chayim explained that any tragedy in the world is only to cause the Jewish people to search their ways and to repent.

TRAGEDIES CRASH UPON OUR HEADS AND WE SEE AND HEAR NOTHING

We saw tragedy in Japan this year as well. But I speak not of that tragedy earlier this year. What can be said of us, as we watch tragedy after tragedy crashing upon us, and as we refuse to ask ourselves what we need to correct? Not only do we see these events and these tragedies as coincidences, we do far worse, as we see the tragedies and curses as blessings and often hide the reality of the tragedies. There is no hope of correcting our personal and national sins if we do not see the tragedy. G-d in His infinite mercy gives us hints and clues that nobody could make up. Yet we choose not to hear and not to see.

RABBIS IN AMERICA FEAR FOR JEWS IN ISRAEL – BUT IRENE HITS THERE

Before Ellul, great Rabbis in America gave a halachic ruling that yeshiva students should not leave America to go to Israel due to the dangers posed to them in Israel. Spiritual and physical dangers in Israel? That very week there was a historic and unprecedented hurricane in all of the Torah centers around New York and New Jersey, leaving Orthodox Jews dead and homeless. The name of the hurricane was Irene! Sounds like Iran. One thinks they will escape the dangers of Israel, in Borough Park, Monsey and Lakewood? One worries about the poor Jews in Israel, threatened by Iran? Irene can strike in Brooklyn.

ISRAEL REJOICES OVER PALMER COMMISSION THAT PROHIBITS JEWISH SELF-DEFENSE

The Palmer Commission in the U.N. blames Israel for using excessive force to save the Jewish hostages that had been taken on the Marmara ship. The fools in Israel “qvell” with joy, as Palmer, on the one hand, accepts Israel’s right to make a blockade. Palmer, however, rejects the right of the Jews to enforce the blockade and to save her soldiers that were moments away from being lynched. It rains and we see sun. We refused to take the necessary action, sending our finest soldiers in with toy paint-guns, and we risk their lives and end up getting condemned anyhow, and we just don’t get it. We refuse to see the collapse of Israel’s borders and the dissolution of any deterrent force we once had.

INNOCENT PALMERS LOST DUE TO OUR SILENCE OVER CRIMINAL ISRAELI ACCEPTANCE OF PALMER

G-d brings about the murder of two innocent Jews, at the same time that the United Nations meets again to discuss the type of Israeli surrender to be imposed. As the U.N. meets to discuss PLO statehood, Asher and his toddler son Yehonatan PALMER are taken from us. But we refuse to see any connection. The innocent Palmers shall be taken for no crime they committed due to our silence and refusal to fight the criminal Palmer report, and for our refusal to speak out and shout against a government that continues to appease the criminal Palmers and the evil nations of the world, sacrificing the innocent CHILDREN OF Israel on their futile altar of appeasement to the nations.

OUR LEADERS COVER-UP THE TRAGEDIES -

Yehonatan and his father have fallen. In the bible Yehonatan and his father Shaul also fall, and the reason given in David’s poetic eulogy is the refusal to teach the children of Judah archery. Here we have a government who disarms Jews and who refuses to allow her soldiers to shoot back with the necessary deterrent force against our enemies. But our sin is far worse. Not only to refuse to see the blatant warnings from Heaven but our leaders cover up the tragedies and distort the facts to prevent good people from taking action to save themselves. They tell us that terror attacks are coincidental accidents or even the fault of the reckless driver.

One has to be absolutely blind and deaf not to see the hand of G-d in the tragedies that are befalling us. We watch the timid faithless government of Israel send Israeli troops to destroy houses in Migron, to appease the nations and to maintain our fragile peace with our neighbors and peace-partners as our closest peace partner raids and destroys our house of peace and our embassy in Cairo. Instant retribution, measure for measure and we see nothing and hear nothing.

SOUNDS OF PALMER AND OF POLLARD

This is what the Talmud means when it says that, one who does not blow the shofar, will hear the sounds of misery at the year’s end. It does not mean the technical ritual of shofar blowing that we all excel in. It means the ability to hear the shofar and to re-sound it into our own hearts. It means the ability to hear the pain of Yonathan Palmer (sounds almost like Yonatan Pollard). This is what the Rambam means when he says not to view tragedy like a coincidence, otherwise we will get yet another year of escalating tragedy and worse. And G-d gives us enough hints to understand what we need to correct.

Yes, on a personal level we must show our faith in G-d as well as on a national level. We have reached a critical crossroad in Jewish history rapidly approaching the year preceding yet another 40 year cycle of mercy, to repent before the storm. Will we have the courage and the faith to blow the shofar and to take the necessary action to sanctify G-d’s name? Do we truly believe that G-d can save us from Obama and from Turkey? Will we take the necessary actions of faith such as annexing Judea and Samaria and the Temple Mount, driving out our hostile enemies and taking a preemptive strike against the nations who openly call for our destruction?

Shana Tova to all of our readers - Those wishing to contribute to help us disseminate the Jewish Idea in Israel can send a generous contribution to Mishal LYisrael POBox 6592 Jerusalem, Israel

25.9.11

A Three Fronts War

B"H
- Contrarily to popular belief, Jews are not attacked only on one front, but on three fronts: Ishmael, today's Arabs, wage a war against the Jewish people that everyone sees, their war on us is in front of our naked eyes. However, they are not the only ones. There are two other, secret wars: One is waged against the Jewish people by Edom, The Western world in general and today's xtians in particular. They now successfully establish strongholds even in Judea and in Samaria to steel Jewish souls for yeshu. Some, even well known and well respected "rabbis" fall for their narrative of "We Love You", because they don't know or because they don't want to know them and their inner laws and logic any better, unfortunately. These "rabbis" claim that there is a difference between catholics and protestants in their status of idol worshippers, in as much as catholics have visible imagenery exhibited in their places of worship, whereas protestants or evangelists do not or, simply because they say “We love you”. These distinctions however are purely formal: They do not take into account the fact that these people are xtians in their hearts and believe that a "complete" Jew is one that believes in their idol, allowing them to verbally claim that they have no intention in "converting" Jews: For them a "Jew" is one who believes in yeshu.

Please consider carefully the following reasoning: "No one who hasn't been a xian can understand the way they think or talk or anything else. First of all the whole concept of tshuva is completely different for xians than it is for Jews. xians believe yeshu "paid" for their sins so they are not punished or even held responsible for their sins. So if they are claiming they have done tshuva that statement means absolutely nothing to them. I guaranty if you ask them if they believe it is a sin to tell a Jew about yeshu they will say no. Of course they can say they don't want to convert Jews because the Jewish concept of conversion does not exist in evangelical xianity (it does in catholism). Evangelicals believe in "messianic judaism" which says a Jew who accepts yeshu doesn't convert to another religion he just fulfills judaism by becoming a "completed Jew". Paul teaches in the NT that a xian can use any means, including lying, or financial help or emotional support to "spread the gospel". You have to assume that the wallers and their minions will tell you whatever it is you want to hear so that they can get closer to Jews. The number one method used by xians to spread the gospel throughout the world is humanitarian works. The xian offers help to people in need to foster trust and build relationship then slowly they will convince you that this help has come to you because of yeshu and he can solve all your problems and heal all your pain if you just believe in him. Jews who are falling for their lies should take into account that the Wallers and many if not all of the people volunteering with them have recieved alot of money from people who support their "ministry". Why are these people supporting them financially why they are here? It is because they believe the Wallers "ministry" is to open the Jewish hearts and eyes to yeshu. Even if some Jews want to believe that the Wallers and their friends are not here to missionize, they should be worried about the judgement they are bringing on the yeshuvim for allowing idolators to read their NT, pray to their false god( while they are picking the grapes that are to be made into jewish wine), and worshipping their false god with instruments, singing and dancing." (Credit omitted)

The third front Jews are threatened by is the erev rav, the mixed multitude, a people who look like and declare themselves to be Jews but are not. Their war on the Jews is the most difficult one to fight, because these people look like Jews and say they are Jews. However, they don't act like Jews and they are deeply anti-Torah in their aiding Ishmael and/or Edom. This is the giveaway, that's the only way Jews can recognize and fight them.

It is my intimate conviction that the State of Israel is in the hands of the erev rav and Jews would do well to keep themselves as far as possible away from it and its Jewish looking but false, anti-Torah “rabbis”, "leaders" and officials. Sounds paranoic? Well, sober up! Refrain from the vote in Israel and don't forget: We voted for Hashem under the Mount in Sinai, for all generations.

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

22.9.11

Re: # 35 And Others

B"H

- What I'm saying is offensive? Why? Evidently I didn't mean personal characteristics like blond hair or blue eyes. You sound like a blond (: From the State of Israel's diplomatic service the religious looking Jew is discriminated out. By religious look I mean head cover and visible tzitzit for men and modest dresses for women. If we turn up in international meetings looking exactly like the goyim, as our clean shaven diplomats do, no wonder the nations think "Ah, they want to look like us" and so they give us the sufficient treatment, if we are lucky. If we turned up in our meetings with the nations as proud Jews in our Torah, they'd respect us for what we are, like it or not, a nation of G-d.

- This is a censored talkback on Israeli officials: Palestinians routed, about to fold

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

We Want Jewish Looking, Jewish Thinking Diplomats In The Foreign Service!

B"H

- The nations united in the UN maybe important for the secular State of Israel, they are not important for Jews: We go by Hashem, our G-d, not by the nations, united or not united. We voted for Hashem under the Mount in Sinai, for all generations, not for these goy-looking clowns: Just look at them! They look - and think, exactly as the other nations do. This is not what Jews supposed to be doing on G-d's Holy Land. We Want Jewish Looking, Jewish Thinking Diplomats In The Foreign Service!

- This is talkback # 28 on Israeli officials: Palestinians routed, about to fold

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

21.9.11

Re: # 5 Anonymous

B"H

- You are mixing up things, Sir Anonymous. Yael killed Sisera, an enemy general who was leading his Canaanite troops against Israel, as a one off heroic act, in her home, while the victim was fast asleep, not as a regular servicewoman, as part of her full-time job. There is more: She didn't wear pants and she didn't wear male head gear. Still more: G-d told Deborah to raise an army of men to deliver Israel from Jabin. However, Barak protested and demanded that Deborah accompany him in battle. Because of this Deborah prophesied that the honor of killing the enemy general would not go to Barak, but to a woman: The exact opposite of what you are saying! Besides, how dare you publicly suggest, from behind your anonymity, that I'm not doing tsuva in Elul?

- This is a censored talkback on Israel Police get 1st female sapper

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

20.9.11

I Wonder

B"H

- I wonder why is it good for a Jewish woman in particular and for Jewish women in general to neutralize booby-trapped vehicles and other suspicious objects. You really think it is good for the nation to show Hashem we couldn't care less about Him and what He tells us about being on His Land for? If you were G-d, would you want to maintain such a stiff-necked and indipendent-spirited people on the most precious of your lots?

- This is talkback # 4 on Israel Police get 1st female sapper

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

The Nations, United Or Not United

B"H

- Upcoming UN vote maybe important for the secular State of Israel, it is not important for the Jews: We go by Hashem, not by the nations, united or not.

- This is talkback # 7 on PA fighting for Bosnian, Nigerian votes at Security Council and # 10 on US presents plan for PA to defer UN bid for one year

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

Yes, They All Went Crazy!

B"H

- Instead of stupid articles like this one I'd expect an uproar against religious discrimination in the IDF. Let us not forget that these solders were thrown out from their officers' course by their anti-Jewish superiors. If the IDF wants its solders to listen to girls singing, against their religious conviction, instead to fight the enemy, well, these anti-Jewish comanders must be replaced and fast! What the heck, you all went crazy?

- This is talkback # 1 on The new Arab weapon?

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

19.9.11

Test your Palestine IQ -- a simple quiz. by Daniel Pinner

B"H

- Test your Palestine IQ -- a simple quiz
by Daniel Pinner

I originally wrote this some years ago, and due to events this week in the UN I am re-posting it. Please feel free to disseminate this as widely as you can, on any forums you like (or even dislike), and to translate into any languages you see fit. Please cite me as the author, and if possible tell me on my wall or in the comments where you have posted this.

.

If, like most people, you have clear views on the Arab-Israel conflict, and you are convinced that you know how to bring peace to the Middle East, then you are invited to try the following simple quiz. To see how much you really know about the subject, answer these twenty questions, then check your score below.

.

1. As is well known, Palestine is the Holy Land for Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. Palestine’s sanctity in Islam is expressed in the fact that the Koran mentions Palestine:

a) 1,034 times;

b) 837 times;

c) 408 times;

d) 1 time;

e) never.

.

2. Jerusalem is the third holiest city for Islam (after Mecca and Medina). In honour of this status, the Koran refers to Jerusalem as:

a) Al-Kuds (“The Holy”);

b) Al-Medina al-Kuds (“The Holy City”);

c) Urusalim (“Jerusalem”);

d) Al-Kibla al-Awalani (“The First Direction [of prayer]”);

e) By no name, because Jerusalem is never mentioned in the Koran.

.

3. The Dome of the Rock, on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem, is one of Islam’s holiest shrines. In accordance with this sanctity, Moslems pray on the Temple Mount:

a) facing the Dome of the Rock;

b) in the north-west section, to face the Dome and Mecca simultaneously;

c) standing facing the Dome of the Rock, kneeling facing Mecca;

d) facing the Dome of the Rock for certain prayers, Mecca for others;

e) kneeling facing Mecca, their backsides towards the Dome of the Rock.

.

4. The Jewish claim to the Holy Land is that God promised it to them. Moses – the Jewish national leader – is quoted as saying: “O my people! Remember the bounty of God upon you…and gave you that which had not been given to anyone before you amongst the nations. O my people! Enter the Holy Land which God has decreed for you”. This speech of Moses is recorded in:

a) the Book of Exodus;

b) the Book of Isaiah;

c) the Talmud;

d) the Midrash;

e) the Koran (Sura 5:20-21).

.

5. In popular literature, historical discussions, political debates, and other forums, the Palestinians’ standard claim is that they are:

a) the descendants of the Biblical Philistines (a European tribe originating in Crete, who invaded the Holy Land in the early Biblical period);

b) the continuation of the Biblical Canaanites (a Hamatic tribe, in perpetual warfare against the Philistines);

c) the descendents of the earliest Christians (i.e. Jews);

d) an integral part of the Arab nation (a Semitic nation originating in Arabia, and entirely unconnected to the Philistines, the Canaanites, and the Jews);

e) all of the above.

.

6. In the period of history that Palestine was an independent country, its capital city was:

a) Jerusalem;

b) Jaffa;

c) Haifa;

d) Ramallah;

e) meaningless, because there was never in history an independent country called Palestine, so it never had a capital city.

.

7. The earliest mention of Palestine in history is:

a) in the Hebrew Bible, in the Book of Genesis, when God commanded Abraham to go to Palestine;

b) in the Hebrew Bible, in the Book of Joshua, when the Israelites conquered Palestine;

c) in a stone plaque dating from about 600 BCE, commemorating the Babylonian conquest of Palestine;

d) in the New Testament;

e) in the year 135 CE, after the European Roman invaders defeated the Jewish revolt in Judea, and re-named the province Palestine.

.

8. “There is no such country [as Palestine]! ‘Palestine’ is a term the Zionists invented! There is no Palestine in the Bible. ‘Palestine’ is alien to us.”

Who said these words?

a) Golda Meir, Prime Minister of Israel, in a speech to the American Zionist Organisation, 1972;

b) Moshe Dayan, Minister of Defence of Israel and former Chief of Staff of the Israel Defence Forces, addressing the General Staff, 1968;

c) Benjamin Netanyahu, Prime Minister of Israel, in his election victory speech, 1996;

d) Abba Eban, Israeli Ambassador to the United Nations, in a speech in 1981;

e) Auni Bey Abdul-Hadi, a local Arab leader, addressing the British Peel Commission, 1937.

.

9. “The ‘Palestinian People’ does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the State of Israel.”

Who said this?

a) Egyptian dictator, President Gamal Abdul Nasser, addressing the Egyptian parliament, a month after the Six Day War, July 1967;

b) Jordanian King Hussein, a week before the Six Day War, May 1967;

c) Syrian dictator, President Hafez al-Assad, addressing the Arab League, 1994;

d) Iraqi dictator President Saddam Hussein, addressing the Iraqi nation in a televised speech, 2002;

e) Zahir Muhsein, executive member of the PLO, in an interview with the Dutch newspaper Trouw, March 1977.

.

10. On the eve of Israel’s independence in May 1948, approximately 600,000 Arabs lived in the areas that would soon become the State of Israel. When the War of Independence was over (March 1949), 150,000 Arabs were still there. This is why the UNRWA (United Nations Relief Works Agency) officially recognized that the number of Arab refugees was:

a) 450,000;

b) 600,000;

c) 850,000;

d) 1,000,000;

e) 1,300,000.

.

11. In June 1982, the Israel Defence Forces entered south Lebanon to fight against the PLO, which had invaded Lebanon in 1975. The total population in southern Lebanon was about 400,000, of whom vast numbers – perhaps as many as 10% – fled northwards to escape the fighting. UNIFIL (United Nations Interim Force in Lebanon) officially estimated the number of refugees as:

a) 40,000;

b) 80,000;

c) 120,000;

d) 250,000;

e) 600,000.

.

12. The Palestine National Covenant (the constitution of the PLO) states that “Palestine, with the boundaries it had during the British Mandate, is an indivisible territorial unit” (Article 2). 77% of this “indivisible territorial unit” is today:

a) the State of Israel, and the remaining 23% is Judea and Samaria (the “West Bank”) and Gaza;

b) Israel (including Judea, Samaria, and Gaza, i.e. the “occupied territories”), and the remaining 23% are the border areas of various neighbouring Arab states;

c) Judea, Samaria, and Gaza (the “occupied territories”), and the remaining 23% is divided between Israel and Jordan;

d) Judea, Samaria, and Gaza, and the remaining 23% has been annexed to the State of Israel;

e) The Kingdom of Jordan, and the remaining 23% is Israel (including Judea, Samaria, and Gaza).

.

13. As its name suggests, the raison d’etre of the PLO (Palestine Liberation Organisation) is to liberate Palestine. Accordingly, the PLO has fought to establish its independent state in:

a) the whole of Israel, starting with Judea, Samaria, and Gaza (the “occupied territories”);

b) sovereign Israel alone, rejecting any claim to Judea, Samaria, and Gaza (prior to the Six Day War);

c) Jordan (in the late 1960s and early 1970s)

d) Lebanon (from the mid-1970s until 1982);

e) All of the above.

.

14. The PLO’s purpose, as they and their supporters make clear, is to liberate the “occupied territories” which Israel captured in the Six Day War (5th-10th June 1967). This claim is proven by the historical fact that the PLO was founded:

a) in Ramallah, the biggest city in the West Bank, a month after the Six Day War;

b) in Gaza City, which has traditionally been a centre of Palestinian nationalism, on the first anniversary of the Six Day War;

c) as a response to the establishment of the first Israeli settlement in Hebron in 1969;

d) on the 10th anniversary of the Six Day War, in June 1977, in Hebron;

e) 3½ years before the Six Day War, on 1st January 1964, in Cairo (the capital of Egypt).

.

15. In the 25-year period 1950-1974, the Arab countries (including Iran) donated a total of $26,476,750 in aid to Palestinian refugees, representing 0.04% (i.e. $1 out of every $2,500) of their combined oil revenue for 1974 alone. The only country in the entire Middle East which gave no aid at all to Palestinian refugees was:

a) Israel;

b) Iran;

c) Libya;

d) Jordan;

e) Algeria.

.

16. Israel has often been accused of “ethnic cleansing” of the Arabs in the “occupied territories”. The demography bears this out, because the Arab population of Judea, Samaria, and Gaza has:

a) plummeted from 6,500,000 in 1967 to 3,000,000 in 2011;

b) plummeted from an estimated 5,000,000 in 1967 to less than 2,000,000 in 2011;

c) remained steady at 3,000,000, despite huge natural growth in the rest of the world;

d) increased at one tenth of the pace of natural population growth;

e) increased from about 750,000 in 1967 to an estimated 3,200,000 in 2011, a population growth of nearly 500% in barely more than a generation, which is one of the highest rates of increase anywhere in the world.

.

17. Israel has also been accused of “ethnic cleansing” of Arabs who are citizens of the state, and deliberately enforcing policies designed to keep the Arab population small. This, too, is shown by the demography, in that the Israeli Arab population has:

a) dropped from slightly over 1,000,000 (40% of the overall population) in 1948 to 750,000 (20% of the population) in 2011;

b) remained at a steady 1,000,000 from 1948 to 2011, while the overall population has increased seven-fold;

c) increased from 500,000 in 1948 to 1,000,000 in 2011, representing a drop from 35% of the overall population to just 12% in 58 years;

d) decreased steadily by 2% per year from 1948 onwards;

e) increased from 150,000 (15% of the overall population) in 1948 to about 1,420,000 (22% of the overall population) in 2011.

.

18. As of 2011, there are five universities (the Islamic University of Hebron; Bir Zeit University; Bethlehem University; Al-Najah University in Shechem [Nablus]; and Al-Ahzar in Gaza), and five religious higher education academies, throughout the “occupied territories”. These institutes are:

a) all that remain of 25 institutes of higher education, the others having been destroyed by the Israeli occupation forces;

b) some of the oldest in the Arab world, with the Islamic University of Hebron having been founded under the original Caliphate in the 8th century;

c) forced to operate secretly, because the Israeli authorities have banned them;

d) barely tolerated by the Israeli authorities;

e) all founded since the Israeli “occupation” of 1967, under Israeli auspices, the oldest one being the Islamic University of Hebron, founded in 1971.

.

19. Since the Israeli “occupation” of Judea, Samaria, and Gaza in 1967, nine Palestinians have been sentenced to death by the courts and judicially executed, and hundreds more have been executed in extra-judicial killings. All of them, without exception, were executed:

a) by the Israeli military occupation authorities;

b) by the Israeli Army after military courts-martial;

c) by the Israeli civil administration, following criminal trials in civilian courts;

d) by Israeli civilian courts, acting under special emergency regulations;

e) since September 1993 by the Palestinian Authority in the autonomous zones, because Israel, alone in the Middle East, does not use the death penalty.

.

20. In early October 2005, an estimated 650 people charged the security fence/separation barrier, and an estimated 350 succeeded in crossing it. Security forces responded with bayonets, shotguns, and rubber bullets, killing between ten and fifteen people and injuring dozens more. This incident was given minimal media attention, and has been entirely forgotten, because:

a) the world media is biased in Israel’s favour;

b) a dozen Palestinians killed is so commonplace, it is not even newsworthy;

c) the Israeli authorities imposed a media blackout;

d) Jewish settlers intimidated the journalists and photographers into silence;

e) the incident occurred along the security fence in Morocco, separating sovereign Morocco from the Spanish Sahara, and the security forces in question were Spanish.

.

.

Scoring

Every a) is worth 1 point; every b) is worth 2 points; every c) is worth 3 points; every d) is worth 4 points; every e) is worth 5 points.

.

Now add up your score. If your score is 20, then you answered a) to every question. This means that you got every single answer wrong, and that you are politically correct and base your ideas of the Middle East on standard anti-Israel and pro-Arab propaganda lies rather than on the truth. Since you cannot think for yourself and are more concerned with Israel-bashing than truth, and since you mindlessly parrot every cheap slogan peddled by pro-Arab propagandists, you are ideally suited to become a European career diplomat accredited to the Middle East, or a BBC or CNN reporter, or a journalist for Haaretz.

.

If your score is between 21 and 99, then you might have a slightly more open mind than others, and you might know slightly more than the average media report contains. You might be interested in studying more on the subject.

.

If your score is 100, then you answered e) to every question. This means that you got every answer right. This suggests that you have a good, solid knowledge of the issues involved and are uninfluenced by official propaganda. Be careful: people infected by independent and honest thought tend to become targets of Islamic terrorists and their left-wing cohorts. At the very least, they get demonized as “right-wing fanatics”.

.

If your score is below 20 or above 100, this means that you cannot even count properly. You are perfectly suited to become the Secretary General of the United Nations- This is a talkback on >>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

18.9.11

Sometimes

B"H

- Sometimes I still get shocked by the primitive anti-Torah propaganda ynetnews is capable of putting out. Maybe, where there are no facts to support a line, in this case Oslo, they need a charged, emotional piece. The sad fact however is that as we stand, it is the IDF that shoots on Jews because they are Jews and it is the IDF that demolishes Jewish housing just because it is Jewish and no, it is not the other way round as hypothesized by this author. So, let’s mention on the sidelines here that no “evacuation” of Jews is justified in a so called Jewish State. With other words, “evacuations” only prove that the State is anything but Jewish and one doesn’t need to be a right wing “fanatic” to understand this. So, the real question is, can the Jewish people hope to survive under this State?

- This is a censored talkback on The radical settler threat

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

16.9.11

Illustration Photo And The Problem Of Current Dresscode In The Foreign Service

B"H

- On the illustration photo Mr. Matthew Gould wears a British flag badge. Does he wear it in his capacity of Israel's ambassador to Britain? If so, why doesn’t he wear an Israeli flag badge? In any case, wearing symbols of affiliation - matter. That is why Israel's Jews, according to Jewish tradition, want Jewish looking as well as Jewish thinking diplomats in the foreign service: Kipah and visible tzitzit for men, head cover and modest clothing for women please!

- This is talkback # 43 on UK amends law that allows arrest of Israeli officials

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

15.9.11

Crazy!

B"H

- When did ever the Arabs use their Israel issued weapons against Arabs? The IDF just wants the PA to do the dirty expulsion work for them.

- This is talkback # 6 on Israel Allows PA to Acquire Anti-Riot Gear

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

13.9.11

Torah Matters, Not Other (United) Nations

B"H

- Koran, other nations, american politicians don't matter. What should matter for the Jews is what the Torah says. As this State of Israel is anything but Jewish, it is clear that it is Hashem, our G-d, that doesn't want it to enjoy His peace. So, instead of blaming others, in this run-up to Rosh HaShana, let's search for a change our own individual and national souls and make the necessary tsuva.

http://thetorahrevolution.blogspot.com/2011/09/bh-its-good-and-heartwarming-to-have.html

- This is comment # 3 on Harsh Truth (1977)

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

B"H - Not To Worry, Hashem Knows Who He Is

- This is talkback # 3 on Israeli man to give birth

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

9.9.11

IDF Punishes Good Jews

B"H

- In Judaism it is forbidden for girls to sing from the age of 12 upwards in front of men and for men to listen to their singing. It is against the spirit of tzniut (modesty) even under that age. A husband is allowed to listen to his wife's singing when she is pure, according to the laws on nidda (menstrual cycle), but not when he is praying or learning Torah.
Now, the fact that the IDF punishes halachicly correct Jewish behavior is an alarming sign not only of the fact that the army of the so-called Jewish State evidently is anything but Jewish, but of the outright religious discrimination in there against Jews. The discriminating officers against Jews must be dismissed without delay and the IDF must not tollerate anti-Jewish manifestations of anti-Jewish hate.

- This is talkback # 11 on Cadets dismissed over woman's song

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

An Arab And A Haredi Are Riding A Motorbike

B"H

- Ynet: "An Arab and a haredi are riding a motorbike." No, this is not the beginning of a joke."

- ABY: Yes, it is.

- This is talkback # 18 on Haredi, Arab saving lives together

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

7.9.11

Not So Much Of A Rhetorical Question

B"H

- Not So Much Of A Rhetorical Question: If the State of Israel is created by the U.Nations and it is run with the goyshe Hellenistic method of democracy, and it labels its Jews as "settlers" and destroys their houses and communities in Gaza, in the Shomron and in Yehuda, and its institutions are the non-Jewish "knesset" and the non- Jewish "supreme court" and its army is the non-Jewish IDF that beats up and fires on Jews because they are Torah Law Jews and not civil law freaks on the Land, then - then why do you keep thinking of this State as if it was "Jewish" and not what it really is, a Golden Calf? Because it usurps the Jewish narrative and the Jewish symbols? Or because it is just too difficult to admit that we, the Jews, have nothing and no one to save us from our enemies, other than Hashem, our G-d, of course? What's your intimate feeling: Will this State save the Jews or will it be instrumental in destroying them? And if deep down you think it will destroy us, why do you keep supporting it with your vote? Didn't you vote for Hashem at the Mount in Sinai? Well, I did and I wouldn't dare to vote for these clowns! They only divide the nation, another thing that is strictly prohibited.

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

The Two Stage Solution

B"H

- The Two Stage Solution:

1st Stage: De-legitimize the Jews by calling them "settlers" and insinuate that they are "criminals".
2nd Stage: Pogrom them out from their biblical, ancestral Home-Land.

- This is talkback # 21 on 'Price Tag' reaches IDF base

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

6.9.11

An Urgent Appeal From Itamar, Israel

bs'd

Dear friends and fellow Jews,

As the UN vote on Palestinian statehood approaches, Israeli security forces are gearing up for more Arab violence. Nowhere is this more apparent than in Judea and Samaria, where IDF intelligence has already determined that large scale provocations on the roads, mass marches on settlements and the attempted destruction of Jewish infrastructure and agriculture will be attempted.

Here in Itamar, as a new school year begins, we see the mood of the local Arabs changing, and we're bracing ourselves for all contingencies. At the same time, for the sake of our children, we're obliged to continue as if nothing extraordinary were in the offing.

Out on the hilltops of Itamar, where there are no security fences, and parents acknoledge that faith in the Almighty is their only true defense against enemy aggression, we are asking for your support, for the sake of our children. Please take a minute to review the following website that contains a three paragraph blog entry succinctly explaining our dilemma.

http://www.alumoteinu.blogspot.com

And kindly forward this text to five like-minded friends or family members.

With G-d's help, may we all succeed.

Aryeh Katz

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<

Let People Know

B"H

- Let people know that sharon is not Jewish, never was. That is why his burial is not publicised, it would be embarrassing not only for the sharon family but for the non-Jewish State

- This is a censored talkback on Netanyahu 'kills' ex-PM Sharon

>>> Please Share This Item Below <<<